I downloaded Hay Day yesterday just thinking I would play it for probably just a little bit. Well I ended up playing it the rest of the day, and I don’t even get into these types of games much, but somehow this one is kind of addicting. Yes it is another farming game, but that is not the only thing you do during the gameplay. You start out with just a few chickens and the more you play the more things you will be able to buy. Of course farming is one way to make money. You can sell the goods to your neighbors and also get orders from people and drop it off to places. As you expand, you can buy a bakery, a grill, a popcorn maker, more animals, and more. You will be able to make cheese, butter, bread, cookies, popcorn, food to feed your animals.
The graphics look very nice, but I really wish the game had iCloud, it would be very nice to be able to play it on both devices from where I left off. Another issue I kind of had, was not having enough storage for the goods you collect. You can upgrade your silos, but it is kind of expensive and it doesn’t even provide a lot more storage. I guess a solution for that is getting rid of some goods by selling them to people. The game can definitely be time consuming, but the good thing is that you don’t need to check on the game every minute you can. The produce won’t spoil, which was a huge plus for me, that’s probably why I wasn’t too big into farming games, cause a lot of the time your produce spoil if you don’t come back fast, and that just sucks!
Hay Day is pretty fun, the game does need internet connection and I only had a couple of problems with internet connections, but overall it has worked pretty good. I haven’t really found any major bugs. Hay Day is a must for people that love farming games, it is so cute and fun. The game is free to download, and I haven’t spent any money in app purchase and still enjoying the game. Hay Day is also universal, if you are still unsure check out these features and video.
• FREE TO PLAY!
• Produce delicious food using natural ingredients from your very own farm
• Buy and sell your healthy, farm-fresh produce at the Farmer’s Market
• Play and trade with your friends on Game Center and Facebook
• Easy, fun touch gestures that mimic real farming activities
• Raise and care for funny farm animals with quirky personalities!
• Build processing facilities like a sugar mill or a loom
• Work the land and improve your farm with different tools
• Beautiful animations and sounds. Your farm really feels alive!
• Retina optimized for the new iPad