Punch Quest Gets Updated With Spartan Mode And More Items [iOS]
Punch Quest is still free and it also got an update during the holidays. We enjoyed the game when it first came out, and it has been getting updates since them with new content. This time is no exception, so check out what’s new in this update:
Big update! New items, a new mode, and support/bugfix stuff!
Quick warning: Gnomey gives money instead of hats now on level ups, as we figure out a new reward for him to give. So may want to finish leveling him if you’re close.
- New mode! Unlock it from the title screen. Spartan Mode has you start in the dungeon with no skills or powers, and you must find them at random in a dungeon with new room types!
- New scoreboard for Spartan Mode.
- New Ultra Belts! Change your belt buckle while conveying an extra Power II skill! Very expensive.
- New Share button in the top of the retry screen. If you like the game, use that button to tell your friends via Twitter, messaging, email, or Facebook.
- Ultra Hats changed. They now are buyable straight from that section, cost 200k, but always have a skill on them. Rerolls cost 100k, but always give a Power I skill.
- Gnomey gives money now on level ups, though we plan to give him something else to award later.
- More mystery items. All hats, all the time.
- Price adjustments to the shop. Quests are also adjusted. This is the one we warned about in the popups.
- IAP packs readjusted, they now give more coins per dollar.
- Skip buttons on the quest summary screen, for convenience.
- Quest boxes tell you when you need to buy a new skill, and how many coins you’d need to.
- Fix for the money-eating bug. Email support if you have any issues with data loss, still.
- We can restore idols now. Please email support if you ever lost any.
- We can restore hats now, too.
- Achievement bug fixed! Quests sometimes not completing bug fixed!
- Various other fixes.
It looks like a pretty good update with a new game mode and mystery items. You can also read our full review here.